Turing GPU Architecture
Based on state-of-the-art 12nm FFN (FinFET NVIDIA) high-performance manufacturing process customised for NVIDIA to incorporate 640 CUDA cores, the NVIDIA T600 GPU is a powerful Single Slot professional solution for CAD, DCC, financial service industry (FSI) and visualisation professionals in general looking to reach excellent performance in a compact and efficient form factor.
The Turing GPU architecture enables the biggest leap in computer real-time graphics rendering since NVIDIA’s invention of programmable shaders in 2001.
Advanced Shading Technologies
The Turing GPU architecture features the following new advanced shader technologies.
Compute-based geometry pipeline to speed geometry processing and culling on geometrically complex models and scenes. Mesh shading provides up to 2x performance improvement on geometry-bound workloads.
Variable Rate Shading (VRS)
Gain rendering efficiency by varying the shading rate based on scene content, direction of gaze, and motion. Variable rate shading provides similar image quality with 50% reduction in shaded pixels.
Texture Space Shading
Object/texture space shading to improve the performance of pixel shader-heavy workloads such as depth-of-field and motion blur. Texture space shading provides greater throughput with increased fidelity by reusing pre-shaded texels for pixel-shader heavy VR workloads.
Advanced Streaming Multiprocessor (SM) Architecture
Combined shared memory and L1 cache improve performance significantly, while simplifying programming and reducing the tuning required to attain best application performance. Each SM contains 96 KB of L1 shared memory, which can be configured for various capabilities depending on compute or graphics workload. For compute cases, up to 64KB can be allocated to the L1 cache or shared memory, while graphics workload can allocate up to 48 KB for shared memory; 32 KB for L1 and 16KB for texture units. Combining the L1 data cache with the shared memory reduces latency and provide higher bandwidth.
High Performance GDDR6 Memory
Built with Turing’s vastly optimised 4GB GDDR6 memory subsystem for the industry’s fastest graphics the NVIDIA T600 features 4GB of frame buffer capacity and 160 GB/s of peak bandwidth, double the throughput. NVIDIA T600 is the ideal platform for 3D professionals and high demanding and multi
display environments, with vast arrays of datasets.
Single Instruction, Multiple Thread (SIMT)
New independent thread scheduling capability enables finer-grain synchronisation and cooperation between parallel threads by sharing resources among small jobs.
Double the throughput and reduce storage requirements with 16-bit floating point precision computing to enable the training and deployment of larger neural networks. With independent parallel integer and floating-point data paths, the Turing SM is also much more efficient on workloads with a mix of computation and addressing calculations.
Pixel-level preemption provides more granular control to better support time-sensitive tasks such as VR motion tracking.
Preemption at the instruction-level provides finer grain control over compute tasks to prevent longrunning applications from either monopolising system resources or timing out.
H.264 and HEVC Encode/Decode Engines
Deliver faster than real-time performance for transcoding, video editing, and other encoding applications with two dedicated H.264 and HEVC encode engines and a dedicated decode engine that are independent of 3D/compute pipeline.
NVIDIA GPU BOOST 4.0
Automatically maximise application performance without exceeding the power and thermal envelope of the card. Allows applications to stay within the boost clock state longer under higher temperature threshold before dropping to a secondary temperature setting base clock.
Full-Scene Antialiasing (FSAA)
Dramatically reduce visual aliasing artifacts or “jaggies” with up to 64X FSAA (128X with SLI) for unparalleled image quality and highly realistic scenes.
32K Texture and Render Processing
Texture from and render to 32K x 32K surfaces to support applications that demand the highest resolution and quality image processing.
Support up to four 5K monitors @ 60Hz, or dual 8K displays per card. NVIDIA T600 supports up to 4x display natively, HDR colour for 4K @ 120Hz for 10/12b HEVC decode and up to 4K @ 60Hz for 10b HEVC encode. Each DisplayPort connector is capable of driving ultra-high resolutions of 4096×2160 @ 120Hz with 30-bit colour.
NVIDIA® CUDA® Parallel Computing Platform
Natively execute standard programming languages like C/C++ and Fortran, and APIs such as OpenCL, OpenACC and Direct Compute to accelerates techniques such as ray tracing, video and image processing, and computation fluid dynamics.
Featuring concurrent execution of floating point and integer operations, adaptive shading technology, and a new unified memory architecture with twice the cache of its predecessor, Turing shaders enable awesome performance increases for today’s professional applications.
• NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture.
• Work with larger models, scenes, and assemblies with higher levels of interactivity during design and visualisation.
• Hardware compatibility and stability through NVIDIA support of the latest OpenGL, DirectX, Vulkan, and NVIDIA CUDA® standards, deep ISV developer engagements, and certification with over 100 professional software applications.
• Creation and playback of H.264 and HEVC video with dedicated decode and encode engines that are independent of the 3D graphics and compute pipeline.
• Up to four 5K displays or two 8K displays per card.
• HDR colour support and up to 120Hz refresh rates for 4K displays with 30-bit colour.
• NVIDIA RTX Desktop Manager software offers intuitive window management, multiple desktops, and application management that let you spread work across a single large display or multiple displays.
• Optimum operational performance, durability, and longevity.
• Expect maximum uptime thanks to exhaustive product testing in conjunction with leading OEMs and system integrators that simulate the most demanding real-world conditions.
• Remotely monitor and manage NVIDIA T600s deployed in your enterprise by integrating the NVIDIA Enterprise Management toolkit within your IT asset management framework.
• Scale up NVIDIA T600 deployment to hundreds of workstations.
• Simplify software driver deployment through a regular cadence of long-life, stable driver releases based on a robust feature development and quality-assurance process.