Gigabyte B660M GAMING X DDR4 Intel Micro ATX Motherboard – LGA 1700
Intel® B660 GAMING Motherboard with 8 1 1 Phases Hybrid Digital VRM Design*, Fully Covered Thermal Design, 2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 with Thermal Guard, 2.5GbE LAN, USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C®, RGB FUSION 2.0, Q-Flash Plus
– Supports 12th Gen Intel® Core™ Series Processors
– Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
– 8 1 1 Hybrid Digital VRM Design with DrMOS*
– Fully Covered Thermal Design with High Coverage VRM Heatsinks
– Fast 2.5 GbE GAMING LAN with Bandwidth Management
– Dual Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 with Thermal Guard
– USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C® for Fast and Versatile Connections
– Pre-installed IO Shield for easy and quick installation
– High Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard
– RGB FUSION 2.0 supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
– Smart Fan 6 Features Multiple Temperature Sensors, Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
– Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
*DrMOS adopted only on Vcore/Vgt phase counts.
8 1 1 Phases Hybrid Digital VRM Design
Cleaner and more efficient power delivery to the CPU with better thermal performance ensure stability under high CPU frequencies and heavy loading.
– 8 1 1 Phases DrMOS*
– Solid capacitors to improve transient response and minimize oscillation
– 8-pin Solid Pin CPU Power Connector
* DrMOS adopted only on Vcore / VGT.
PCIe 4.0 Design
GIGABYTE B660 Motherboards are ready to work with the PCIe 4.0 devices which are expected to experience twice bandwidth than the current PCIe 3.0 devices. To reach the high speed and maintain good signal integrity, GIGABYTE R&D uses the low impedance PCB to provide the maximum performance.
Support for DDR4 XMP Up to 4400MHz and Beyond
GIGABYTE is offering a tested and proven platform that ensures proper compatibility with profiles up to 4400MHz and beyond. All users need to do to attain this performance boost is to ensure that their memory module is XMP capable and that the XMP function is activated and enabled on their GIGABYTE otherboard.
Real One-piece Build
TMOS is a TRUE single piece heatsink. Its one-piece design and larger surface drastically improve the cooling performance against competitors’ multi-piece design.
2X Faster Than Ever
Adoption of 2.5G LAN provide up to 2.5 GbE network connectivity, with at least 2 times faster transfer speeds compared to general 1GbE networking, perfectly designed for gamers with ultimate online gaming experience.
LGA1700 socket: Support for 12th Generation Intel® Core™ i9 processors/Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors
L3 cache varies with CPU
Intel® B660 Express Chipset
Support for DDR4 3200/3000/2933/2666/2400/2133 MHz memory modules
4 x DDR DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB (32 GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096×2160@60 Hz
* Support for HDMI 2.1 version and HDCP 2.3.
** Support native HDMI 2.1 TMDS compatible ports.
1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096×2304@60 Hz
* Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version and HDCP 2.3
(Graphics specifications may vary depending on CPU support.)
Realtek® Audio CODEC
High Definition Audio
* To configure 7.1-channel audio, you need to open the audio software and select Device advanced settings > Playback Device to change the default setting first. Please visit GIGABYTE’s website for details on configuring the audio software.
Support for S/PDIF Out
2.5GbE LAN chip (2.5 Gbps/1 Gbps/100 Mbps)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
(The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 4.0 standard.)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
(The PCIEX4 slot conforms to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFire™ and 2-Way AMD CrossFire™ technologies
1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280 PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2A_CPU)
1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2P_SB)
4 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
* System acceleration with Intel® Optane™ Memory can only be enabled on the M.2 connectors supported by the Chipset.
1 x USB Type-C® port with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support, available through the internal USB header
5 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports (3 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
1 x USB 2.0/1.1 port on the back panel
Chipset 2 USB 2.0 Hubs:
8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
Internal I/O Connectors
1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x CPU fan header
3 x system fan headers
2 x addressable LED strip headers
2 x RGB LED strip headers
2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
4 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
1 x USB Type-C® header, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 header
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x S/PDIF Out header
2 x Thunderbolt™ add-in card connectors
1 x Trusted Platform Module header (For the GC-TPM2.0 SPI/GC-TPM2.0 SPI 2.0 module only)
1 x serial port header
1 x reset button
1 x Q-Flash Plus button
1 x reset jumper
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
All fan headers are subject to support AIO_Pump, Pump and high performance fan with the capability of delivering up to 2A/12V @ 24W.
Back Panel Connectors
3 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
5 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x HDMI 2.1 port
1 x DisplayPort
1 x RJ-45 port
3 x audio jacks
iTE® I/O Controller Chip
Fan speed detection
Fan fail warning
Fan speed control
* Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the fan you install.
1 x 256 Mbit flash
Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
Support for APP Center
* Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
System Information Viewer
Support for Q-Flash Plus
Support for Q-Flash
Support for Xpress Install
Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
LAN bandwidth management software
Support for Windows 11 64-bit
Support for Windows 10 64-bit
Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 24.4cm