Intel LGA 1151 ATX motherboard with AI Overclocking, DDR4 4266 MHz, Dual M.2, HDMI, Intel Optane memory ready, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C
- AI overclocking: Quickly optimises your CPU performance based on the CPU and cooler, achieving results that are extremely close to manual tuning by experts.
- OptiMem II: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimisations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking
- Enhanced power solution: Premium components provide better power efficiency
- UEFI BIOS: New UEFI options include a search function that allows you to find settings easily
- Industry-leading cooling options: Comprehensive controls for fans and AIO pimp, via Fan Xpert 4 or the acclaimed UEFI
- M.2 heatsink: Ultra-efficient heatsink reduces M.2 SSD temperatures by up to 20°C for unthrottled transfer speeds and enhanced reliability
- Next-gen connectivity: Supreme flexibility with Intel Optane memory ready, Intel® RST support, Thunderbolt 3 header and dual M.2 support
- ASUS Aura Sync: Controllable onboard RGB lighting easily syncs with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable hardware
Dressed in professional attire, the Prime Z390 series caters to daily users and content creators with well-rounded specs and features. Combining the benefits of the latest processors with essential ASUS design and engineering, Prime Z390 provides a wealth of options for performance tuning via intuitive software and firmware features.
Tune it Your Way
Prime Z390 simplifies CPU overclocking with software and extensive tweaking options that give beginners and seasoned overclockers alike the tools to build well-tuned machines. A new memory trace layout provides stability and compatibility for both traditional DIMMs and RGB-infused memory, letting you pair a broad choice of DRAM kits with your build.
ASUS AI Overclocking makes automatic tuning faster and smarter than ever before. Available in Windows or directly through the UEFI, it profiles the CPU and cooling to predict the optimal configuration for each individual system.
Utilises onboard intelligence to perform automated clocking and provides target frequency and voltage estimations for savvy veterans that prefer manual tuning
Take care of complex tuning with just one click. ASUS 5-Way Optimisation is a system-wide tuning utility that overclocks the processor and tunes fan speeds to ensure the best balance between cooling and acoustics. The automated CPU tuning feature of 5-Way Optimisation leverages the same onboard intelligence as AI Overclocking, but goes further by running a Prime95 based stress test to deliver a result that’s well-tuned from the get-go.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The UEFI BIOS is an early waypoint on any PC-building journey, and Prime Z390-A offers one of the best in the business.
Cool and Reliable
Prime Z390-A is designed for builders who want essential ASUS reliability and performance. More CPU cores create power-delivery challenges, so Prime Z390-A has extra power phases and comprehensive cooling features for optimal performance.
Cooler by Design
Prime Z390-A features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
- Multiple temperature sources
- Dual pump headers
- 4-pin PWM/DC fan
- ASUS Fan Extension Card support
- Smart protection
Prime Z390-A has an ultra-efficient heatsink to reduce M.2 SSD temperatures by up to 20C – and that means optimal storage performance and improved SSD longevity.
A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips connected to the onboard RGB headers.* And it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
Upgrade to Unrivalled Audio
Realtek codec and unique design features for pristine, powerful audio
Prime Z390-A utilises a unique audio codec designed in close collaboration with Realtek – the Realtek S1220A. It also features an unprecedented 120dB signal-to-noise ratio for the stereo line-out and a 113dB SNR for the line-in, providing pristine audio quality. Additionally, a new impedance-sensing circuit automatically adjusts gain to ensure the optimal volume range for your headphones.
Immersive 3D surround-sound technology provides incredible audio experiences.
Crystal Sound 3
Reduces power-input noise to ensure consistent performance.
Separates analogue/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
Separate layer for left and right tracks
Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
Capable of driving high-impedance headphones, without rolling-off high or low frequencies.
Reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs.
Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors
Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with exceptional fidelity.
Intel Z390 chipset
The Intel® Z390 is a single-chipset design that supports Socket 1151 for 9th Gen and 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors. It provides improved performance by utilising serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the chipset provides a maximum of six USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, four USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, and 32Gbps M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support, for faster data retrieval. Intel Z390 also supports integrated-graphics, so you’ll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
Ready for Socket 1151 for 9th / 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors
This motherboard supports Socket 1151 for 9th Gen and 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors, with integrated graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, dual-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance.
- Motherboard Type: Desktop
- Form Factor: ATX
- Socket: Intel 1151 – Coffee Lake
- Chipset: Intel Z390
- DDR Type: DDR4
- RAM Technology: DDR4 (Dual Channel)
- RAM Slots: 4 x DIMM
- RAM Speeds: 4266(O.C.)/4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz
- Maximum Memory: 64GB
- Graphics: Supports Intel HD Graphics
- Graphics Ports: 1 x HDMI
1 x DisplayPort
- Multi-GPU Support: Supports NVIDIA 2-Way SLI
Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX
- PCI/PCI Express: “2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16, x8/x8, x8/x4 x4, x8 x4 x4/x0)
1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
3 x PCIe 3.0 x1 “
- Storage: 6 x SATA III
1 x M.2 (2242/2260/2280/22110) – PCIe
1 x M.2 (2242/2260/2280) – SATA & PCIe
- RAID: “RAID 0, 1, 5, 10”
- Wireless: –
- LAN: GB LAN
- Audio: Realtek ALC S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3
- USB Ports Supported: “4 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (3 Type-A & 1 Type-C at back)
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (2 at back, 2 at mid-board)
8 x USB 2.0 (2 at back, 6 at mid-board)
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 front panel TypeC connector”
- Back Panel I/O Ports: “1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse
1 x DisplayPort
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45)
3 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A,
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1
2 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
5 x Audio jacks”
- Internal I/O Connectors: 2 x Aura RGB Strip
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1
3 x USB 2.0
2 x M.2 Socket 3
1 x TPM
1 x COM port
6 x SATA 6Gb/s
1 x CPU Fan
1 x CPU OPT Fan
2 x Chassis Fan
1 x AIO_PUMP
1 x W_PUMP
- .: 1 x Thunderbolt
1 x 24-pin EATX
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V
1 x Front audio
1 x System panel
1 x MemOK! II switch
1 x CPU OV
1 x Power-on button
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
1 x Node
- .: 1 x EXT_Fan
1 x Thermal sensor
1 x M.2 Fan
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 front panel TypeC connector
- Accessories: Users manual
3 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x M.2 Screw Package
1 x SLI HB BRIDGE(2-WAY-M)
1 x Q-Connector
1 x SCD
1 x CPU Fan Holder
- Additional Features: See Overview
- Package Type: Retail
- Package Weight: 1.4000 kg
- Warranty: 3 Years
- M.2 Slot(s): Yes (M.2)
- RGB Lighting: Yes (RGB)
- No. LAN Ports: 1 x LAN
- Max LAN Speed: GB LAN