I am a returning customer
Your Account Has Been Created!
Congratulations! Your new account has been successfully created!
You can now take advantage of member privileges to enhance your online shopping experience with us.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please e-mail the store owner.
A confirmation has been sent to the provided e-mail address. If you have not received it within the hour, please contact us.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5\" SATA SSD Solid State Drive
Crucial MX500: It’s Worth ItEvery time you turn on your computer, you’re using your storage drive. It holds all your irreplaceable files and it loads and saves almost everything your system does. Join more and more people who are keeping their family..
Every time you turn on your computer, you’re using your storage drive. It holds all your irreplaceable files and it loads and saves almost everything your system does. Join more and more people who are keeping their family videos, travel photos, music, and important documents on an SSD, and get the near-instant performance and lasting reliability that comes with solid state storage. Upgrade with the Crucial MX500 SSD, a drive built on quality, speed, and security that’s all backed by helpful service and support. Even if you’ve never installed an SSD, don’t sweat it – our step-by-step guide walks you through the process to make installation easy. It’s worth it.
Fly Through Everything You Do
Start your system in seconds, load files almost instantly, and accelerate the most demanding applications with the Crucial MX500. Our Dynamic Write Acceleration technology uses an adaptable pool of high-speed, single-level cell flash memory to generate blistering speeds.
Store Up to 2TB of Data
Save massive amounts of photos, music, and videos comfortably and securely. With fast access to your media, creations, and designs, you’re ready to share at the speed of your life.
Enjoy the Efficiency of Next-Gen Micron 3D NAND
Our cutting-edge components are engineered from start to finish for efficiency. As a result, the Crucial MX500 uses only a minimal amount of power and still delivers a high price-to-performance ratio – without needing a financing plan to pay for it. Experience a faster, cooler, and quieter computer in your home or business. You’ll wonder how you ever put up with a hard drive.
Upgrade with A Drive You Can Count On
With thousands of hours of pre-release validation, dozens of SSD qualification tests, and a heritage of award-winning SSDs, the Crucial MX500 has been thoroughly tried, tested, and proven. Secure your most important files on a drive with established dependability and these advanced features.
• Hardware-Based Encryption: Keep personal files and confidential data restricted from hackers and thieves with AES 256-bit encryption that meets all industry standards, including Microsoft eDrive, IEEE-1667, and TCG Opal 2.0.
• Integrated Power Loss Immunity: Avoid unintended data loss when the power unexpectedly goes out. This built-in feature of our new NAND protects your data swiftly and efficiently, so if your system suddenly shuts down, you keep all your saved work.
• Exclusive Data Defence: Prevent your photos, music, videos, and other files from becoming corrupted and unusable with layers of error correction and adaptive read technology.
• Redundant Array of Independent NAND: Protect your data at the component level with an SSD that automatically provides parity protection for your data. This high-end feature works similarly to how RAID is used with multiple hard drives and maintains the integrity of your data, especially for intense users.
• Built-In Durability: Because SSDs don’t use moving parts that wear out over time (unlike hard drives), your files are less susceptible to a crash. SSDs are better equipped to survive physical trauma, like getting dropped, because they don’t rely on mechanical parts.
Install with Confidence
For many people, opening a computer and transferring data seems terrifying. That’s why we’ve made it easy in the step-by-step Crucial SSD Install Guide. Check it out before you buy, then install your own SSD quickly with everything transferred over successfully and hassle-free.
Micron Quality: A Higher Level of Reliability
As a brand of Micron, one of the largest flash storage manufacturers in the world, the Crucial MX500 is backed by the same quality and engineering innovation that has produced some of the world’s most advanced memory and storage technologies for more than 35 years. Split-second speeds, lasting reliability, and a decades-long legacy – upgrading with the Crucial MX500 gives you the best combination of quality, performance, and security. It’s worth it. Features • Sequential reads/writes up to 560 / 510 MB/s on all file types.*
• Random reads/writes up to 95k / 90k on all file types.*
• Over 45x more energy efficient than a typical hard drive.**
• Accelerated by Micron 3D NAND technology.
• More durable than a hard drive – no small moving parts that are prone to failure.
• Dynamic Write Acceleration delivers faster saves and file transfers.
• Integrated Power Loss Immunity preserves all your saved work if the power unexpectedly gets cut.
• AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption keeps data safe and secure from hackers and thieves.
• Exclusive Data Defence guards against data corruption.
• Adaptive Thermal Protection limits temperatures within the drive.
• Includes free Acronis True Image™ HD software for easy data migration.
• Compatible with the Crucial Storage Executive tool for easy drive maintenance.
• 5-year limited warranty.
Active Garbage Collection Adaptive Thermal Protection AES-256 Encryption Engine Device Sleep Mode Support Dynamic Write Acceleration Error Correction Code (ECC) IEEE-1667 Complaint Integrated Power Loss Immunity Microsoft eDrive Compatible Multistep Data Integrity Algorithm Redundant Array of Independent NAND (RAIN) S.M.A.R.T Support TCG/Opal V2.0 TRIM Support
Power Consumption (active) Max. Endurance Rating 180 TBW MTBF 1,800,000 Hours Max. Operating Vibration Max. Non-operating Vibration Max. Operating Shock Max. Non-operating Shock Connectivity 1 x SATA III - 6Gb/s OS Support Bracket Includes 9.5mm Adapter Dimensions Weight Package Type Retail