I am a returning customer
Your Account Has Been Created!
Congratulations! Your new account has been successfully created!
You can now take advantage of member privileges to enhance your online shopping experience with us.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please e-mail the store owner.
A confirmation has been sent to the provided e-mail address. If you have not received it within the hour, please contact us.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha Motherboard (Socket TR4/X399/DDR4/S-ATA 600/Extended ATX)
ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme AlphaAMD X399 EATX gaming motherboard for AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors, with ROG DIMM.2, DDR4 3600MHz , on-board 802.11ac Wi-Fi, 10Gbps LAN, USB 3.1 Gen 2, SATA, Triple M.2 and Aura Sync RGB lighting.The AlphaBuilt to tak..
ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha
AMD X399 EATX gaming motherboard for AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors, with ROG DIMM.2, DDR4 3600MHz , on-board 802.11ac Wi-Fi, 10Gbps LAN, USB 3.1 Gen 2, SATA, Triple M.2 and Aura Sync RGB lighting.
Built to take command, ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha releases the full might of the 32-core AMD Threadripper processor, while keeping thermals under control with intelligent cooling and an SOC heatsink designed especially for the CPUs monstrous power. For high-end gamers and overclockers who equip themselves with ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha, there will be no doubts about who is leader of the pack.
• ESD Guards: Greater electrostatic protection than standard. ESD Guards cover the USB, audio and LAN ports.
• TrueVolt USB: USB power supplies rock-steady 5V to all USB ports, minimising power fluctuations for minimal data loss.
• 4x SafeSlot: Provides stronger PCIe device retention and greater shearing resistance.
• 8x Q-DIMM: One sided clips for super-simple, super-secure handling of memory modules.
• 4x Q-Slot: Clip to swap or secure your graphics card.
• Q-Connector: Sorts all front-panel cables.
To ensure 32-core processing beasts stays cool, even at stock speeds. The Alpha is fully armed to provide the best foundation for extreme PC systems, enabling higher performance at lower temperatures.
• Active Heatsink: Fans located within the heatsink kick on after 60°C and allow the Zenith Extreme Alpha to handle sustained power draw of over 500W.
• Aluminium I/O Cover: Connects to the primary heatsink via an embedded heat-pipe, increasing mass and surface area.
• SoC Heatsink: Designed to cool vital motherboard power delivery areas to enhance the overclocking potential of 2nd Gen Threadripper WX Series Processers.
• ROG Aluminium Cover Heatsink: The cover is crafted from pure aluminium to efficiently cool the Alpha only 1 on-board M.2 Drive.
• Dual Backplates: Add rigidity and additional functionality to the oversized board. One adds additional mass to siphon heat from the VRM, while the other adds additional RGB lighting effects.
• PCH Heatsink: The PCH heatsink blends seamlessly with the Aluminium Heatsink cover and prominently features the ROG logo.
Cooler by Design
ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha features the most comprehensive cooling options ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
• Multiple Temperature Sources: Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors, for workload based cooling. All easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
• Water Pump+: A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
• 4-pin PWM/DC Fan: Every on-board header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans. *W_PUMP+ is also PWM/DC controllable.
• Bundled Fan Extension Card II: Includes six additional DC or PWM fan headers, plus three thermal-probe headers.
• Heatsink Fan: A dedicated header for on-board heatsink fan.
• Water In/Out: Allows for monitoring of temperature at the input/out of any component.
• Water Flow: Allows for constant monitoring of the flow rate of entire loop.
• Water-Block-Sensor: A special connector that lets water blocks designed for the ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha provide flow, temperature and leakage data.
ROG Water-Cooling Zone
ROG Water-Cooling Zones dual water-temperature headers and flow-rate header feed information straight into the AI Suite utility, so you can keep track of coolant temperatures, and the flow rate of the entire loop.
• W_FLOW Tachometer: Enables constant monitoring of flow rate of the entire loop.
• W_IN/OUT T-Sensor: Enables monitoring of temperatures at the input/output of any component.
Fan Extension Card II
ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha includes our new Fan Extension Card II, which adds six headers that are controllable via FanXpert 4. The card has three temperature-sensor headers to complement the one available on-board and, more importantly, it comes with three thermistors that you can affix to different components. In addition to supplying extra headers for cooling, it has three primed for RGB LED strips.
• Screw holes allow you to mount the card to 2.5-inch bay on your chassis.
• ASUS Node connector allows you to connect additional compatible PSU or accessories.
Every aspect of Alpha to provide the solid foundation needed to create an extreme gaming and workstation system that delivers the highest performance.
Power Design That Bucks Trends
The monstrous compute power of high core count processors necessitates a power circuit that rapidly responds to massive current swings. And those demands increase exponentially when the CPU is overclocked. Featuring an array of 16 strategically paired power stages, the Alphas VRM is geared for any workload and all operating conditions.
Robust power delivery starts at the component level. Every aspect of the Alpha VRM is generously over-specified for the task.
• Dual 8-Pin ProCool Power Connectors: Two ProCool connectors ensure a snug and reliable connection to the EPS 12V power lines.
• PowlRstage MOSFETs: The Alpha VRM is comprised of 16 IR3555 PowIRstages, each rated to handle 60 amps.
• Microfine Alloy Chokes: Each PowIRstage is accompanied by a high-permeability alloy-core choke rated to handle 45 amps.
• 10K Japanese-Made Black Metallic Capacitors: Input and output filtering is provided by solid-polymer capacitors rated to last thousands of hours at high operating temperatures.
Overclocked multi-core processors place incredible loads on the VRM when transitioning between load states. However, conventional motherboard design practices place primary focus on component specs without implementing circuit topologies that provide optimal transient response. The Alpha bucks industry trends by utilising teamed PowIRstages to double the burst current of each phase and rapidly respond to load changes.
The Alphas VRM reacts quickly to load changes and suffers from less overshoot and undershoot than alternative power solutions, allowing the processor to remain stable at lower average core voltages.
DDR4 3600MHz (O.C.)
With support for DDR4 memory you\'re able to drive memory frequencies to 3600MHz, ASUS-exclusive circuit design, provides superb memory-overclocking potential, minimising coupling noise and signal reflection to unleash the full power of DDR4. With innovative equidistant memory channels, the ROG design delivers the most balanced control and incredibly powerful overclocking capability. And thats not all: ROG works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor, ensuring the best compatibility.
The Alpha is packed with intuitive and flexible tools that let you optimise every aspect of your system to deliver the performance you want. Take advantage of 5-Way Optimisation for intelligent, automatic overclocking or enjoy full manual control via comprehensive UEFI BIOS settings.
5-Way Optimisation: Performance Level Up
AI Suite 3s dashboard-style control panel lets you fine-tune almost every aspect of your Zenith Extreme Alpha system. Get the best balance between performance, cooling, stability, and efficiency via one simple and intuitive interface.
TPU: CPU-Performance Boost
The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is an intelligent on-board micro-controller that provides an array of system-tuning features, including the ability to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats and adjust overclocking parameters.
EPU: All-Around Energy Efficiency
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you\'ll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimises power consumption and maximises savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Fan Xpert 4: Flexible Cooling Controls for Air or Liquid
Enjoy comprehensive control over fans and water pumps, via either Fan Expert 4 or our UEFI. Whether you\'re cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. Theres also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
Digi+ Power Controls: Precise Digital Power Control
The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power-efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
Turbo Core App: Game Faster, Rank Higher
Intels processors feature per-core tuning, and the ASUS Turbo app makes use of this feature by letting you assign applications to specific processor cores, prioritising computing power where its needed most.
Easy-to-Use UEFI BIOS
The UEFI BIOS is an early waypoint on any PC-building journey, and Zenith Extreme Alpha offers one of the best in the business.
When you\'re ready for a deeper dive, delve into the UEFIs Advanced mode and take complete control. Advanced mode enables full control over every aspect of the motherboard, and a built-in search function helps you quickly find the setting you need.
• My Favourites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
• EZ Flash 3: Flash the latest BIOS via the internet from within the BIOS.
• SMART: Check your storage device Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and identify potential failures.
• GPU POST: Automatically detect selected ASUS graphics cards to view detailed information.
• Secure Erase: Restore your SSDs and NVMe storage to factory settings.
• Last Modified Log: Track the last change and save preferred profiles to a USB drive.
• SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
• User Profile: Port configuration settings between different BIOS versions or share them with friends.
• Q-Fan Control: Configure the fans operating speed manually or use pre-configured fan profiles to quickly select Standard, Silent, Turbo or Full Speed modes. By default, system fans will automatically switch to full speed if the temperature reaches 75°C.
Together with customisable audio profiles and tools to optimise storage and networking performance, the Alpha provides the ability to create an expertly tuned machine with minimal effort.
ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha comes equipped with Three M.2 slots to let you take full advantage of AMD StoreMI and NVMe RAID for ultimate SSD storage speeds.
AMD StoreMI technology is a software utility that accelerates any drive for better system responsiveness with reduced startup and software load times. It combines SSD performance with the affordability and capacity of an HDD by automatically moving frequently accessed data to dedicated SSD storage.
Wired directly to the processor, the lower on-board M.2 slot can be used in chipset-based RAID configurations to improve storage performance or provide a layer of redundancy.
Intel Integrated Ultra Wi-Fi Support
ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha features Intel Wireless AC-9260 Wi-Fi (802.11ac) with 2x2 MU-MIMO and wide 160MHz channel, for wireless speeds of up to 1.73Gbps.* In fact, the integrated adapter pushes wireless data up to 2X faster than other Wi-Fi solutions — so you\'ll get fast, smooth transfers, even when your rig is further away from the router. Intel Wireless-AC 9260 also offers Bluetooth 5.0 for connections that are up to 2X faster than ever before, and with up to 4X the range.
*Actual speed varies, and depends on networking conditions.
10Gbps On-Board LAN
Designed for the demanding requirements of power users and content creators who push the envelope, 10Gbps on-board LAN plugs you into a new era of home networking. With up to 10X the bandwidth of standard gigabit Ethernet, you\'ll enjoy streaming uncompressed 4K UHD videos, and backups and file transfers that are faster than ever before. And theres also support for intermediate 2.5Gbps and 5Gbps connectivity, allowing you to step up to faster networks for maximum flexibility. Choose the bandwidth that meets your needs and enjoy ultra-low latency at any speed.
*Minimum Category 6 network cables required for 10Gbps operation. Category 5e cables support up to 5Gbps.
ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha features the latest Intel Ethernet (I211-AT) for faster, smoother gaming. This Intel controller has a natural synergy with Intel processors and chipsets, reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput – so theres more power for games and other tasks.
ROG is renowned for superior on-board audio, and ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha is no exception. The front-panel headphone output features a SABRE9018Q2C integrated DAC/amp capable of reaching -115dB THD+N to provide playback that convey all the subtlety and nuances of the audio track. The improved resolution derived from the ESS Hyperstream DAC architecture expands the soundstage to give a better sense of positioning. Beyond resolution, the 121dB DNR provides an extremely low noise-floor, further accentuating dynamics and punch. And, when you want to shift priority to musicality, our Sonic Studio software provides an array of EQ options, allowing the sound signature to be tweaked to suit your cans.
• LED-Illuminated Audio Jacks: Backlit audio jacks save you from fumbling around in the dark.
• ESS SABRE9018Q2C DAC/AMP: Creates a perfect balance for top-tier audio clarity capable of –115dB THD
• S1220 CODEC: 10 DAC channels, simultaneous 7.1-channel playback, independent 2.0-channel, multiple-stream stereo to front-panel outputs.
• Switching MOSFETS: Unique design allows the codecs impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone outputs.
• Nichicon CAPS: Fine-quality Japanese-made components that produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
Personalised For You
In addition to extraordinary performance, Zenith Extreme Alpha provides extensive styling and customisation options to let you build a system that truly stands apart.
Aura Sync: Grow Your Gaming World
Gear up with ROG components, from graphics and monitors to mice and keyboards, and up your game with complementary aesthetics, control and compatibility. The ROG ecosystem is more extensive than any competing brand, so enjoy greater choice as your system expands.
• Colour Cycle.
• Flash and Dash.
• Glowing Yo-Yo.
• Starry Night.
• Music Effect.
*The addressable RGB header supports WS2812B addressable RGB LED strips (5V/Data/Ground), with a max power rating of 3A (5V) and a max of 120 LEDs. **The Aura RGB-strip header supports 5050 RGB LED strips with a max power rating of 3A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 3m. ***RGB extension cables are included. LED strips and Aura Sync-compatible devices are sold separately.
GameFirst V is the ROG-exclusive tool that optimises network traffic for faster, lag-free online gaming. Team your gateways, keeps tabs on bandwidth-hogging apps and make adjustments on the fly.
• ROG First: Interface directly with a ROG router and automatically configure QoS to prioritise network bandwidth to games.
• Smart/Auto Modes: Optimise network traffic for active apps, or allocate more bandwidth to games.
• Extreme Mode: Speed network packets for specific applications, helping reduce latency. Extreme mode on: 371.7Mbps vs Extreme mode off: 16.03Mbps. *Tested with 4GB file download while playing 4K online video.
• Networking Insight: View real-time traffic by biggest hogs, app groups, and task types, or drill down for detailed connection information.
RAMCache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times. Fully compatible with the latest NVM Express storage options, its uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favourite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds.
• Smart Mode: Automatically caches all your storage devices to maximise your systems resources.
• Real-Time Information: The intuitive interface displays real-time drive information, such as current read/write speeds.
• Health Check: Allows you to quickly check the health status of assigned memory.
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
• Sonic Studio Link: The new Sonic Studio Link now allows you to apply Sonic Studio effects on all playback devices. Simply press the Sonic Studio Link button to enjoy the effect on any playback devices.
• App-Specific Profiles: Apply customised audio settings to different applications, so everything you do is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha motherboards are equipped with LiveDash — a built-in OLED panel that displays useful information and customisable graphics. Select which system stats to monitor, choose personalised GIFs and images to display.
During the power-on, self-test (POST) phase, LiveDash shows key progress stats, in simple language and via traditional POST codes. Then, during normal operation, the vibrant panel shows a choice of CPU frequency, device temperatures, fan speeds or information from the Water Cooling Zone.
You\'re also able to customise the default LiveDash GIF, so it\'ll display your own image or animation.
The brand-new Armoury Crate portal keeps you updated with the latest drivers and BIOS releases. Its easy-to-use UI can be configured to show a variety of information, including security updates, bug patches, the latest ROG news, gaming events and special offers.
The Power of AMD
Ready for AMD SocketTR4 Ryzen Threadripper
The ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha motherboard supports the latest 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper and AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors. Based on the innovative Zen core architecture, the high-performance Threadripper CPUs boast up to 32 cores. AMD SocketTR4 processors feature quad-channel DDR4 memory, 64 lanes of PCI Express 3.0 and native 5Gbps USB 3.0 for superb performance.
AMD X399 Chipset
The AMD X399 chipset delivers outstanding overclocking capabilities for the latest AMD SocketTR4 Ryzen Threadripper processors. Its optimised for multiple GPU configurations, including NVDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX. It also provides two 10Gbps USB 3.1 ports and eight 6Gbps SATA ports for faster data retrieval. Features• AMD TR4 Socket: Ready for 1st and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper processor series to maximise connectivity and speed with up to three M.2 drives and USB 3.1 Gen 2.
• Comprehensive Thermal Design: Active heatsink with integrated VRM fan, PCIe-zone M.2 aluminium heatsink and dual backplates.
• High-Performance Networking: On-board Aquantia 10Gbps LAN, 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, and Intel gigabit LAN with ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst V technologies.
• 5-Way Optimisation: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
• SafeSlot Technology: Firmly-anchored PCIe slots fortified with metal to support heavyweight graphics cards.
• Unmatched Personalisation: LiveDash OLED and ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including two RGB headers and addressable headers.
• Industry-Leading ROG Audio: SupremeFX S1220 and ESSSABRE9018Q2C for enthusiast-grade audio performance driven by Japanese capacitors.
Product Name:ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha (Socket TR4/X399/DDR4/S-ATA 600/Extended ATX)
Model Number:ROG ZENITH EXTREME ALPHA
BIOS:128 Mb Flash ROM
UEFI AMI BIOS
PnP, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 3.0, ACPI 6.1
ASUS EZ Flash 3
CrashFree BIOS 3
CPU Interface:Socket TR4
RAM Technology:DDR4 (Quad Channel)
RAM Slots:8 x 288-pin
RAM Speeds:DDR4 2133
DDR4 2800 (O.C.)
DDR4 2933 (O.C.)
DDR4 3000 (O.C.)
DDR4 3200 (O.C.)
DDR4 3466 (O.C.)
DDR4 3600 (O.C.)
Max. Memory Support:128GB
PCI Express 3.0 x16:4
PCI Express 3.0 x4:1
S-ATA III Port(s):8
On-Board LAN:Aquantia AQC-107 10G, 1 x 10 Gigabit LAN Controller
ROG GameFirst Technology
Wireless NIC:802.11 ac
Wireless Technology:Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5GHz
Supports channel bandwidth: HT20/HT40/HT80/HT160. Up to 1.73Gbps transfer speed
On-Board Audio:ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
Supports: Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output 113 dB SNR recording input
ESS SABRE9018Q2C DAC/AMP
Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback
Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
LED-illuminated design - Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path.
Sonic Radar III
Sonic Studio III + Sonic Studio Link
Back USB 3.1 Port(s) Type-A Gen 1:8
Back USB 3.1 Port(s) Type-A Gen 2:1
Back USB 3.1 Port(s) Type-C Gen 2:1
Back LAN Port(s):1
Back Audio Jack(s):5
Back S/PDIF Output Port(s):1
Back Button(s):1 x Clear CMOS button
1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button
24-pin ATX Power:1
8-pin ATX Power:2
USB 2.0 Header(s):1
USB 3.1 Header(s) Gen 1:2
Front Panel Audio Connector:1
Internal Other Port(s):1 x Aura Addressable Strip Header
2 x Aura RGB Strip Headers
2 x Thermal sensor connectors
Internal Button(s):1 x Reset
1 x Safe Boot
1 x ReTry
1 x Start
Form Factor:Extended ATX
Special Features:Powered by AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2 (TR4) processors to maximize connectivity and speed with support for up to 128GB of DDR4 memory, three NVMe M.2 drives and front panel USB 3.1 Gen2.
5-Way Optimization featuring Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 provides automatic overclocking profiles for maximum OC performance.
Built for high performance networking featuring onboard Aquantia 10G LAN, Intel gigabit LAN and ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst V technologies.
ROG DIMM.2 allows for expansion of 2 M.2 SSDs and has two heatsinks to prevent throttling.
Full customization with a 1.3-inch LiveDash OLED and ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting via two addressable headers and one RGB header.
3 x SATA 6Gb/s cables
1 x ASUS WiGig 802.11ad moving antenna
1 x ASUS 2T2R dual band Wi-Fi moving antennas (Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compliant)
1 x ROG VGA Holder
1 x ROG DIMM.2 Fan Stand Pack
1 x ROG AREION 10G
1 x Fan Extension Card (3 x 4-pin fan out)
1 x Fan Extension card screw pack
1 x Fan Extension card cable
1 x SLI HB BRIDGE(2-WAY-L)
1 x ROG big sticker
1 x Q-Connector
1 x 10-in-1 ROG cable label
1 x M.2 screw kit (long screw and mount)
2 x M.2 screw kit (short screw and mount)
1 x DIMM.2 extension card with 2 x M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA and PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
1 x ROG Logo Sticker
1 x Extension Cable for RGB strips (80cm)
1 x Extension cable for Addressable LED
3 x Thermistor cable
1 x USB drive with utilities and drivers
1 x ROG coaste